Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Making Progress

Elijah is doing so much better at playing and sleeping on his tummy! We still lay him down on his back for his naps and bedtime, but he rolls over almost immediately. I center him in the bed and then let him sleep on his tummy. While the first few days of naps and night time sleep were pretty rough, things are going SO much more smoothly now. Last night he woke up once at 1:21 am and I decided not to go in his room (since he didn't need to eat) but to give him 10 minutes to calm himself down. I went in our bathroom so I wouldn't wake up Ethan and watched Elijah on the video monitor for a few minutes. By 1:29 am he was back to sleep without any mommy-intervention and he slept until about 5:45 am. I thought about letting him calm himself again, but went in and fed him a little bit at this point. He ate a some early breakfast and then went back to sleep until about 7:15 am, which is a pretty normal wake time for him. I was very encouraged and felt like this was great progress, considering just a few nights ago he was waking up every few hours until we finally put him in the swing. :) I guess it is true that these kiddos are pretty quick learners and very adaptable. I am so proud of my little man and feel much more rested, as I'm sure he does too.

I was thinking yesterday that I am pretty sure being a mom is the most amazing job in the whole world. While there are times where it is difficult (like when I have to listen to my baby cry for 10 minutes until he calms down and goes to sleep), or times when I am extremely tired, there is no doubt in my mind that it is totally worth it and this is the most fulfilling and rewarding job in the whole world. My love for him grows deeper and deeper each day and I am just overwhelmingly grateful to the Lord for giving us the gift of this child. In John 10:10, Jesus says that He has come so that we may have life, and have it more abundantly..."life to the full." That is what I am experiencing right now...life to the full! I have a Savior and Lord who loves me even more than I love Elijah- hard to fully comprehend. I have a husband who cherishes me, provides for me, makes me laugh like no one else, and makes me the happiest wife in the world. And I have a little boy who brings such joy to my days that sometimes I feel like my heart is just overflowing with thankfulness and praise to the Giver of all of these good gifts in my life. I am so truly blessed, immeasureably more than I could ever ask or imagine. :)

Okay, back to pictures, here are some new ones of my little cutie...


Above: Goodness, look at that sweet face! I know I am the biased mom, but it just doesn't get any cuter than that. :)


Above: Elijah's favorite new position. This kid is going to be taking off and crawling before we know it.


Above: Just hanging out...


Above: One of the down sides of tummy time...a big spit up is almost inevitable and our carpet has been taking a major beating lately. I have been keeping the Spot Shot carpet cleaner close at hand.


Above: Elijah pondering the deep mysteries of life in his bumbo chair


Above: Elijah is getting really good at sitting up with a little help. If he is lying on his back, he will grasp my fingers and if I give him a little tug he will put up to a sitting position. His balance isn't good enough to sit by himself, but he is getting there. The challenge was trying to take a picture of this (since my fingers are required to help him sit), but here was my attempt to balance him with one hand and capture the moment with the other.


Above: Elijah has recently moved up to a size 3 diaper. It is really apparent how much he has grown when I look at his newborn outfits and diapers and am astonished at how tiny they are...how did he ever fit in those! On the left is an old newborn diaper and the right in his current size 3.


Above: Elijah in his crib this morning. I took this picture just before getting him dressed and laying him down for a nap. He is currently sleeping away.


Above: What is that little smirk? :)

1 comment:

  1. What more can I say than what the Mother & Father
    have already expressed about this handsome child !
    I am so glad the Lord gave him to you, and VERY happy that the Lord let me live to the Great Grandmother stage and have the privilege of seeing and loving this bundle of charm.
    Love to all three of you,
    Nonie

    ReplyDelete