Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Family Vacation to South Padre

This past week, Ethan, Elijah, and I went to South Padre Island with my parents, aka Nana and Papa. We had a blast and it was Elijah's first trip to the beach. Luckily, I happened to take a few pictures along the way. :) I will post them in a few different entries, but overall we had such a great time.

Elijah did great with the trip there, which made Ethan and I a little nervous beforehand. We took a direct flight into Brownsville where my parents picked us up and then had a short drive over to South Padre. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we went to lunch at a place called Dirty Al's that had some of the best fried shrimp we have ever tasted! It was delicious. Eli was really a sport considering that he went as long as he ever had in his life without a nap (I think he was up for about 9 hours straight!). While we tried to get him to sleep a little on the plane, it was hard because he just wanted to look at everything. He is a very social and curious baby and if anything at all is going on he wants to be in on it. Considering all that, he did fantastic on this trip there and back. Here are a few of our travel pics.


Above: At the Remote Parking station at DFW, waiting for the bus to take us to the airport.


Above: Eli had his own special bag that he got from Matt and Julie Kruger. We love it! He is also sporting his "Eli" beach hat from Paula. This kid is traveling in style.


Above: Daddy and Eli watching the planes.


Above: Sitting at the gate while waiting to board our plane. Ethan got major "Daddy points" on this trip because he kept the kiddo happy and entertained.


Above: Playing airplane to prepare for Elijah's first airplane flight.


Above: Elijah cracking up and having the best time playing with Daddy, not napping. :)


Above: In the air during Eli's first flight.
"You're telling me that I am how far off the ground?!"


Above: "How exactly does this thing work?"


Above: "It sure is fun, I think I like airplanes!"


Above: We've arrived! Me, Ethan, and Elijah in the car after the drive over from Brownsville to SPI. We just found out our room was not ready and were about to head over to Dirty Al's for lunch. You can see that we were pretty packed in, especially Ethan in the back! My parent's had a carseat that they used with Dylan and Katelyn when they were little that they put in the car for Elijah. While it was a little big, it worked out fine for the trip. He was bummed when he had to go back to rear facing when he got home. :) You can see here that he finally tuckered out for about 10 minutes in the car, but then he was back awake once we got to lunch. All this traveling is hard work for a little guy!


Above: Made it to our room! Elijah stretching out on the bed. The trip is now officially a success in my book!


Above: "I got my bed. Where are you going to sleep, Mom?"

2 comments:

  1. I love his little bag! Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I was there for the trip I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete