Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trying to Catch a Smile

Elijah is such a smiley, happy baby! Evidence of that, however, is getting harder and harder to come by. :) Eli has started to become so much more alert that every time he is smiling away and I attempt to grab the camera and capture that precious face, he changes his expression before I can take the picture. He will stare at the camera and become completely mesmerized by the shiny blue exterior. Needless to say, I have been trying to come up with new tactics to capture his sweet smile. One is hiding the camera down by my side until he starts smiling, and then quickly pulling the camera up and snapping the picture without really looking at the screen. As you can imagine, this is not the most efficient method. Good thing we have a digital camera! Here are some silly faces I caught.


Above: "What exactly are you doing, Mom?"


Above: "Are you trying to catch me smiling, did you say?"


Above: "How about I stick my tongue out for you instead like Nana taught me?"


Above: "Okay, here is a smile." Notice the camera strap in the picture...one of the downsides of my tactic. :)


Above: I love this one...he looks so grown up. Smiling or not, that is one handsome mug. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment