Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shopping Cart Cover

Elijah has reached another milestone...sitting up in the shopping cart! I haven't been bringing in the carseat into the store for a while to sit him in because it is pretty heavy and he doesn't like sitting in it (he would always strain to sit up). For the past few months I have been carrying him around in his sling or snugli while I grocery shop or run errands. Since he has been getting so much better at his sitting, I thought he may be ready to sit up in the shopping cart and he was! He did great and really enjoyed being able to rock back and forth. No less than 20 people must have stopped me and told me what a cutie he was. I agreed. Boy those Target and Kroger shoppers are smart. :)


Above: Sitting in the basket at Target for the first time. We got the shopping cart cover from Michael and Jenny (surprise, surprise) and it worked great!


Above: A mild grin as he assesses the situation


Above: "Uh, Mom, this is not so comfy afterall. I'm a little off center here..."


Above: I pulled all of the blankets and burp cloths out of my diaper bag and padded up the sides a little more so he wouldn't slide over to the side. From this point on, things went great!


Above: Fun times in Target!


Above: In the dressing room trying on clothes. This was fantastic because I can't very easily try on clothes with him in the sling. :) Elijah was very helpful in giving me his input on the different outfits I was trying on.


Above: "Yes, I love that one Mommy!"


Above: "You are so pretty Mommy, I love it!" How could I not buy whatever I was wearing at this point?!


Above: A few days later...grocery shopping at Kroger. We have now added toys to the mix for him to play with while rocking in the cart.


Above: Eli helping me pick out the lunch meat. :) He is such a good boy and so patient while we go to the store. I am loving this fun stage and consider each day such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment