Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 3, 2010

New View

Since I have been working to post all of our vacation pics, I am behind on things that have taken place here in the last week...and it seems like a lot has happened! Elijah has seemed to reach a few milestones at the same time, one being that he switched to facing forward in his stroller! He seems to like his "new view" when we take our walks and loves to watch the world go by. There is just so much to see! I tried him facing forward this past week because he seemed to not like recling so much in his infant seat that snapped in the stroller. He would constantly try to sit up and lean forward. I noticed him doing this a while back and tried to face him forward, but he did not have the core strength to keep from falling forward. He would lean forward and then just flop on the little table and could not pull himself back. This past week, however, was another story. I put him where he could sit up by himself and he loved it. It still amazes me how quickly these little kiddos grow and develop. In literally one week, you can go from seeming like they are not even close to doing something to mastering a new task. Enough reflection...here is the proof. :)


Above: Sitting in his stroller without his infant seat for the first time. What a big boy!


Above: This is before I strapped him in. You can see he is "exploring" his new tray. :)


Above: "What? This really is delicious, you outta try it." :)


Above: "You mean I really get to ride facing forward! This is great!"


Above: I strapped him in and tightened up his "seat belt". He was none too pleased about not being able to put the tray in his mouth anymore.


Above: "I'm ready Mom. I got my blanket, Mr. Hugs, and my hat. Off we go!"


Above: Love it! Look at those little feet sticking out. What a cutie. :)


Above: The next day we took out his BOB for the first time and it was awesome!! It is so light and easy to push. I am really excited to be able to use our new stroller.


Above: "Uh, Mom, do you think we should tighten this a little bit?"


Above: "I mean, I'm fine it you don't want to...this plastic thingy makes a great chew toy."


Above: Out on our walk. You can see that I didn't quite figure out how to tighten the harnass since his arm in underneath it. :) I love his face in this picture. It is the, "Mom, why are we stopping" face.

1 comment: