Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Adventures in Food Continue

Our food fun continues! Yesterday Elijah ate some more bananas and still seemed excited about them. While much of it still comes right back out and winds up on his cheeks or his bib, he opens wide as soon as I put more on the spoon and aim it toward his mouth. Whether he actually likes the food or just enjoys chewing on the spoon, or a little bit of both, the feedings are going surprisingly well so far! This morning we experiented with rice cereal for the first time. He seemed to like that okay too, but still had a little bit leftover. The rice cereal was much more liquidy and a lot more of that seemed to spill down his chin, so I am not sure how much actually went into his tummy. But, I know that more of the experience of eating right now is not so much for nutrition and filling them up as it is experimenting with food and learning how to eat. That considered, he seems eager about food and likes this new activity...which is a good thing since he will be eating food for many years to come. :)


Above: Getting ready for mealtime. Playing with my toys while Mommy gets the goods.


Above: Yummy!


Above: Kinds of a messy eater. :)


Above: Taking a breather.


Above: "Whew, this stuff is pretty filling!"


Above: Getting distracted. Mom must be taking too long with those bananas!


Above: "Here, let me try that myself Mom."


Above: "Like this? Something about this just doesn't seem right?"


Above: "Ohhhh! I had the spoon backwards!"


Above: "There we go!"


Above: "That feels much better! This is not so hard!"


Above: "Silly me, I can't believe I had the spoon turned around the wrong way."

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. I am pretty messy at times too and it is hard to remember which end if the spoon goes in your mouth

    ReplyDelete