Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Fruits!

Today Elijah had another big first...he ate his first real food! He was sitting in his high chair that we set up over the weekend while I was eating breakfast and looking so interested in what I was doing. I gave him a little baby spoon to chew on and figured since he was already putting it in his mouth, I may as well try to put a little food on it and see how it goes. He ate some mashed ripe banana thinned with a little breastmilk and he loved it! Eli's first food experience was a success!


Above: "Now this is what I am talking about! Finally, I will get some real food like Mom and Dad eat!"


Above: "What a minute, isn't this supposed to have food on it? Where is the food?!"


Above: "Hmmmm, how am I supposed to eat this stuff?"


Above: "This stuff isn't too bad."


Above: "Let me try a little more, and maybe I'll dip my fingers in the bowl while I'm at it."


Above: "I love it! See Mom, I swallowed it all down!"


Above: "Is this what I have been missing? Eating food is great fun!"


Above: "All done!" Elijah ate his whole little bowl of bananas. I only put two little slices of banana and mashed it up with a little breastmilk, but he ate everything I offered him. Bananas were a hit.

1 comment: