Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MOPS

On Friday, Elijah and I had our first MOPS meeting (Mothers of Preschoolers). I was very excited to go because since I have been in college and listened to the "Momsense" encouragement spots on KSPJ, the Christian radio station we got in College Station, I knew I wanted to be a part of MOPS. Friday, my dream finally came true! :)Here I am, in the place of life I always wanted to be. I have a wonderful husband who I love and a precious son who is more of a joy than I could have ever imagined!

The meeting was fun. Elijah went to the nursery downstairs and of course stayed awake the whole time. I went and fed him toward the end and then brought him up to join the group for the last 20 minutes or so. Since it was a room full of moms, everyone understood and there were a bunch of kids in there by the end of the meeting (it lasted from 9-11:30 am). As for me, I met the other moms who will be at my table for the year and they seemed nice. We had a brunch, a devotional, some craft time, and other get to know you activities. The best part was just getting to get out and fellowship with other moms. While I LOVE getting to stay home with Elijah, I think it is so important to get out and meet other people who are in the same stage of life as me. It was an encouragement and a blessing and I am so excited to finally fulfill my lifelong dream, to be a member of MOPS. ;)


Above: Believe it or not, we do not have any MOPS pictures to post! Getting showered, dressed, Elijah fed, dressed, and ready with his bag packed didn't leave me a whole lot of time for our usual photo shoot. Elijah did get to bring his own little backpack for the first time. This backpack is from Matt and Julie Kruger and matches the duffle bag that we took to the coast. It is just so cute and also practical, since we have to label all of their stuff for the nursery. Thanks Matt and Julie, what a wonderful, thoughful, and practical gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment