Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Elijah Joseph...Mail Destroyer

Elijah is all out teething. His bottom two teeth are really coming up and you can see them pretty easily now every time he smiles or cries, but I have yet to capture them on film. His sleep has not been great lately, and I'm not sure if that is attributed to teething, an oncoming growth spurt, or a weak mother who has not been strong enough to be consistent with "sleep training". Oh well, I know this phase will pass and one of these days he will consistently sleep through the nights. In the mean time, I will savor those sweet moments where he cuddles up with me and sleeps so peacefully in my arms because I know that they will be gone in the blink on an eye.

In this reaching and teething stage, absolutely everything Elijah can get his hands on goes directly into his mouth and comes out a slobbery, chewed up mess. :) The other day we went to the mailbox and Elijah was grabbing for the mail. I gave him a piece of junk mail to appease him while I made my way inside and then sorted through the other mail (I'm sure that is sanitary, right?). I checked on him every few seconds to make sure that he was not actually eating the paper, but it certainly kept him happy. Elijah is also getting to the stage where he is starting to "protest" when we take something away from him, such as slobbery, chewed up paper. At this age his memory is pretty short so I can usually do a quick swap and give him another toy while I take the other paper away. I will just have to make sure that the mail truly is junk mail, because there is not much to salvage when our little teether is done with it. :)


Above: Eli is starting to wear his 6-9 month clothing. This is the first time he wore this precious outfit from my friend Amy and her mom. I love the little booty...it doesn't get much cuter than that!


Above: Elijah Joseph...mail destroyer :)


Above: Forget the expensive baby einstein toys, this junk mail does the trick!


Above: Hope the mailer wasn't important. Sorry Pat, this paper is going straight to the trash.


Above: I got a surprise birthday present in the mail from my wonderful mother-in-law, Jamie!


Above: I think I just found a volunteer to help me open the package. :) He is trying to figure out how to fit that thing in his mouth.


Above: I gave Eli a toy and decided to open the present myself. I got these beautiful embossed stationary cards. Thank you Jamie, I love them!

2 comments:

  1. McKamy loves junk mail! And newspaper. And coupons. Especially coupons! The bills make her pretty happy too.

    As to how sanitary it might be ... she needs to be exposed to germs to build her immune system. I try to avoid newspaper or the coupon pages that have ink that rubs off. Otherwise, have at it girl!

    Happy birthday Jennifer! I love embossed stationary, it is so classy and encourages me to write those oft-forgot thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day to you, Jennifer! Haha...seems that love of mail never stops. Ian loves destroying the mail and flinging it around the living room. Lately, he's gotten to where he likes to put it in a basket, so that's nice.

    ReplyDelete