Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Look What I Can Do

Goodness, goodness, goodness...our little man is growing and changing so quickly! It seems that sometimes the changes come in waves. I remember when Elijah first learned to roll over it brought on a wave of new discoveries. Then we had a bit of a lull, where it seemed like he was just perfecting those new tricks for a while, and then recently we have had another wave of new discoveries! It feels a little bit like we are on a rollercoaster, and once Elijah began crawling we rounded the crest of the highest point and have been zooming down huge drops and flying around twists and curves ever since! (Hope that makes sense...for those of you who know me well, you know I love analogies. :) Here are some of the changes and discoveries he has seemed to make even in the last week:

- Elijah has become a "super crawler" to use my friend Kimber's description. :) Instead of slowly making his way across the room, he flys to his intended destination in the blink of an eye...further reason that it is time to babyproof now!
- Elijah can now stand up on everything.  Instead of just being able to pull on a surface with a ledge, he can push himself up with his legs.  So, anywhere he can find a flat surface to place his hands he can now stand up...walls, doors, washing machine, etc.
- Eli has just recently discovered how doors work.  He loves to push and pull them back and forth.  If there is a little crack, he can pull the door open (and then try to escape).  He can also slam the door shut and then stand up against it, which is equally fun.
- Elijah is starting to imitate movements more.  The other day Ethan was drumming on the floor with his hands and then Eli began banging the floor with his hand.  What a genius! ;)  He is also beginning to play with toys more instead of just putting them in his mouth.
- The little man is getting more and more vocal with each day it seems.  He is really good at saying "mama."  I don't really think he connects the meaning, but he will babble mamama all the time.  Ethan says we have mama down and need to start working on dada. :)  He will talk and make his sweet little baby noises all the time and it is just so precious.
- Finally, I have notices Eli's hair really starting to grow.  For the longest time it seemed to pretty much be the same length.  Within the past week or two, I have started to see that his hair is starting to get pretty long.  And, I have to give credit to Ethan's sister, Amber.  She always said that she thought his hair was going to be curly and I thought it was straight for sure.  I am not saying it will be completely curly like mine, but there is going to be at least some curl to it.

While I could go on even more, I will let Elijah show you some of his new tricks and skills himself:

Photobucket
"I can stand on the hampers and help Mommy do laundry."

Photobucket
"I can help draw a bath...if I could just reach that faucet."

Photobucket
"I can stand up on the shower door and leave my finger prints all over the glass, giving Mommy a constant reminder of me."

Photobucket
"I am determined that when I see a place I want to climb, I find a way to make it to the top."

Photobucket
"See, I made it!"

Photobucket
"I can help Mommy sort through papers left on the table."

Photobucket
"I can even stand up on things one handed."

Photobucket
"I can crawl around naked with my hooded towel trailing behind me like a superhero's cape!" 

Photobucket
"I love to make things easier for Mommy when she is wrapping presents by unrolling the paper."

Photobucket
"I can help to reorganize Nana and Papa's pantry."

Photobucket
"I can eat a whole container of baby food in one sitting."

Photobucket
"I can talk to Mommy very loudly and imitate all kinds of sounds."

Photobucket
"I can make Mommy and Daddy laugh all the time by my silly faces, noises, and tricks."

Photobucket
"I can stand up on the toilet."

Photobucket
"...and unroll the toilet paper."

Photobucket
"I can unroll the whole thing if Mommy lets me!"

Photobucket
"I am an excellent sous-chef and can help Mommy with the spices."


Photobucket
"I guess that's about it..."
 

Photobucket
"Is that enough for now?"

1 comment:

  1. Haha...love these pix and the captions! He's getting to be such a big boy! Some day, you'll have to teach me how to put the captions in the picture frame!

    ReplyDelete