Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Brave Boy

Elijah went to the doctor yesterday for his two month check up. He is getting so big so fast...literally! He weighed 13 pounds and 10 ounces and measured 24.13 inches long. This keeps him in the 90th percentile for both his height and his weight. What a big and healthy boy...I just love the kiddo more with each passing day! The doctor looked him over and said that he was doing great and everyone commented on how cute he was. I wonder if they say that to everyone or if they really think he is that cute? I know that I am the mom so I am supposed to think this, but I think he is just the cutest thing ever. :) Anyway, the down side to the visit was that he had to get three shots. :( He got some vaccines and didn't really like the poking and stinging very much, but he really did great with the whole thing. The nurse was so quick in giving the shots that by the time he realized he didn't like what she was doing she was done and gave him back to me. Once I picked him up and held him he started calming down. I packed him up in his carseat shortly after that and swung him, and by the time we got back to the car he was fast asleep. He came home and napped a long time. I wondered if the long afternoon naps would throw off his night schedule, but they didn't at all. Elijah slept through the night again last night in his bed. This is the second night in a row and I am so thankful he is sleeping so well! So far, he seems to be feeling fine and will hopefully not get fever, which they say is a common reaction to getting the vaccines. I am so proud of him for doing so well and being such a brave little boy.


Above: Eli getting strapped in to his carseat, ready to go to his 2 month check up. He is nearly filling the car seat up already!


Above: Eli checking himself out in the mirror while waiting for the doctor.
"Whoa, who is that good looking fellow."


Above: "I think this guy is copying me. I raise my leg, he raises his..."


Above: Back at home after the shots. Eli is recovering well...such a toughy.


Above: "I'm so glad we're back home."


Above: "I didn't really like it when the nurse poked me with that sharp thing."


Above: "At least I got some cool Dino bandaids."


Above: Eli got a sweet bandaid on each leg.

In the next few, Eli is about to go down for a nap and feeling much better. I love his little shirt...he is starting to look more like a little boy and less like a newborn already!









No comments:

Post a Comment