Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Importance of the Swaddle

The other day, Eli's nap time rolled around and I realized that I had thrown both of his swaddling blankets in the wash. I knew that I had another swaddle blanket that he had pretty much grown out of, but I put it on him just to see how much he had grown. Also, a part of me wondered if I swaddled him from the waist down if he might just fall asleep, even with his arms out. You can see the results of our little experiment below. :)


Above: Notice how the blanket only comes up to his arm pits! My oh my how he has grown! "Wait a second...why are my arms out?"


Above: Uh oh, doesn't look good...starting to get upset.


Above: Experiment failed. And this is why swaddling is so important! "Mom, don't just stand there and take pictures...do something!"

**You can see a picture of Eli in this same blanket on the May post "Eli's New Swaddler Blanket" and see how much he's grown!

1 comment:

  1. He really has grown. He did not like this smaller version at all, did he?

    ReplyDelete