Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Food Breakthrough!

Okay, so I am completely behind in updating my blog! I have a bunch of fun Thanksgiving pictures to post and updates to write, but I have one quick post that I just have to put up right now. Elijah had not been doing super with solids and had basically gotten to the point where he was completely tight lipped when it came to feeding time. Then, on Thanksgiving day Ethan got him to eat most of a baby food container of sweet potatoes! Yesterday while I was at the gym Ethan fed him half a carton of peas. I was super impressed, so this morning I tried it myself. I tried to give him some pears, but he was not exactly opening the way Ethan claimed. I began to wonder if Daddy was eating those peas and sweet potatoes himself when I wasn't looking. :) But, just a little while ago we finally had a food breakthrough! Elijah was opening wide and basically pulling the spoon into his mouth or leaning forward to get the food. He has never really done this before for me! I was so excited. He polished off the rest of the peas and seemed ready for more, so I opened up a container of squash and he ate about half of that carton. I realize that eating is a normal part of life, but for us this was a big breakthrough. :) I am so proud of my little man for eating like a champ. Who would have thought that he would like peas, sweet potatoes, and squash more than peaches, bananas, and pears. :) That is Mama's healthy boy!


Above: Elijah with his empty carton of peas, ready for more!


Above: One more funny thing from today...Elijah is getting to where he is exploring like crazy. His favorite place to go is definitely to Boomerang's food bowl and stick his hands all in the dog's food and water. :) Today as I was folding laundry I watched him crawl between the sofa and loveseat. Suddenly I heard the radio start getting louder, then softer, and then really loud. Our little explorer discovered that the volume nob to the stereo was fun to play with and seemed to really catch Mom's attention. :) Oh the places you'll go..

No comments:

Post a Comment