Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Elijah's First Shreveport Trip

This past weekend, Ethan and I took Elijah to Shreveport for his first visit to Pops and Mamie's house. I meant to post these pictures right when we got back, but the week has flown by! We had a great visit with friends and family and it is always fun to get to go "home" for the weekend. We drove in on Friday and spent the evening visiting with Ethan's parents. On Saturday we met Ethan's good friend Patrick for lunch and really enjoyed a great meal and even better company. Saturday afternoon Ethan's family all came over to visit with Elijah. Nonie and Gimpa, Gimps and Gloria, Paula, Ethan's Great Aunt Dee, Mamie and Pops, and Jamie's friend Tania were all there and it was a special time to get to visit with one another and to spend time with the newest little Cislaghi family member. On Saturday night, Ethan and I had the treat of going out to dinner with just the two of us! We happened to be able to find a good sitter in Shreveport ;) (Jamie and Gary stayed with Elijah) and we escaped for a date night in honor of Ethan's 30th birthday! We went to a nice restaurant called Superior's Steakhouse and it was fantastic. We enjoyed getting to go out to dinner together without one of us rocking the little guy to sleep in his carrier. :) I was so thankful for the opportunity to get to share the evening with my wonderful husband and celebrate his birthday with him! Sunday morning we relaxed and just spent time with Ethan's parents until we loaded up and headed back around 1pm. It was a fun trip and we are already looking forward to our next trip in!


Above: Ethan and Elijah in Shreveport, Ethan's hometown


Above: I love this picture of Eli and Daddy...so sweet!


Above: "Mom, it is my first trip into Shreveport and I don't even get two matching socks?!"


Above: "Seriously Dad, I only have like 3 pair of socks...how do you mismatch them at this point?"


Above: "I guess there are just some things I will never understand."


Above: Jamie gave Elijah a little dump trick that came with this red ball. Eli loves it and will go crawl to it now if I put it on the floor across from him.


Above: Eli sitting in Nonie's lap


Above: Great picture of Nonie! Elijah is not exactly in a smiley mood here, as you will see in the next few pictures. :)


Above: Going in for a closer look at Nonie. He was very interested in her necklace so we had to move that out of his reach.


Above: Elijah and Lolly


Above: Eli and Mamie with Dee in the background. He is just getting happier and happier. :)


Above: "Wait, who is holding me again? Oh, hi Mamie!"


Above: Gloria is entertaining Elijah while Mommy holds him for a while.


Above: Gloria, Eli, and Ethan


Above: Elijah with the Great Grandmothers! If he only knew he was in the company of the professionals here he wouldn't have wanted to come back to us rookies. :)


Above: Playtime on the floor with Daddy


Above: Elijah is wearing his first pair of jeans and I just love them!


Above: The birthday boy turns the big 3-0! Happy birthday to my wonderful husband, I love you with all of my heart and look forward to many, many more birthdays together!


Above: Ethan and I at Superior's Steakhouse. This dessert was DELICIOUS! It was bread pudding made with Southern Maid donuts, topped with vanilla ice cream. Mmmm! And as good as the dessert was, the best part was sharing it with my wonderful hubby! (I know, I know...but it's true). :)


Above: Pops and Eli on Sunday morning, hanging out in their PJs.


Above: Mr. Dog was VERY jealous! :)


Above: It was so cute, Eli sat there and just stared at his Pops for probably 5 minutes. He was probably thinking, "Who is this guy who looks so much like my daddy?" We'll explain it to you later, kiddo. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete