Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Morning "Nap" Time

Elijah has taught himself another new trick...standing up in his crib! He did this the other day for the first time, but Ethan lowered his bed and he had not done it again since this past weekend. Today, however, he stood all the way up again and this time I caught it on camera.

Elijah is getting so much more mobile. He goes from his hands and knees to sitting very "fluently" now. It seems like he got this move down quickly. I went to my weekly Bible study on Tuesday and the women who take care of him in the nursery asked me excitedly when I picked him up, "did you know he can sit up by himself?" I said I definitely knew, since this is all he wants to do during nap time now. :) It did make me realize that he was not even doing that the week before, and now is sitting up all the time. As far as crawling, he is rocking constantly and starting to move his hands and feet, but these movements are not coordinated yet enough to be called crawling. He can move across the floor to get what he wants, but he will get on his hands an knees, move his hands a few steps, scoot onto his tummy, and then start the process over again. He kind of looks like an inch worm at this point. :) I'm sure he will be taking off soon, ready or not!

While I am most impressed with all of Elijah's new tricks, from sitting, to rocking, to standing, I would appreciate it if he would cease from practicing these tricks during naptime. As you can see, this picture was taken during Elijah's morning "nap," but he is clearly not napping. Hopefully these tricks will become old hat soon and he will stop practicing and go to sleep. :)


1 comment:

  1. Aunt Joyce loved this picture. Using it as her screen saver

    ReplyDelete