Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 Weeks and Counting...

To my surprise, Elijah really is growing up! I know that this seems like common sense to most people. You have a baby, time passes, and he grows. And yet, for the first time mom I would say that this very simple truth is something truly miraculous. I think I am just finally getting to the point where I am realizing that he is actually going to make it...this little human that I am in charge of, despite the fact that I have no experience what-so-ever, is growing and thriving! So Praise the Lord for His grace, His wisdom, and His provision because I certainly could not do this without Him.

Speaking of growing and thriving, Elijah has already started to grow out of his smallest clothes. His little Gerber onesies that we used to put him in most of the time are getting pretty tight to snap and he has moved up to some bigger ones. Before his 1 month check up last Friday, we actually wondered if he was growing enough. That seems funny now because when they weighed and measured him they said he was in the 90th percentile for his height and weight! Must be those Cislaghi genes. :) As of May the 7th, Elijah weighed in at 11.3 lbs and measured 23 inches long!

Being a stay at home mom has truly been such a joy for the last 5 weeks. While it was always what I planned to do, there was a part of me that wondered what I would do all day and if I would get bored. Ha! Now I finally understand what people mean when they say being a stay at home mom is a full time job! :) I thank my wonderful husband, Ethan, for being such a wonderful provider for our family and a hard worker so that I have this amazing opportunity. I am so thankful for this experience and count each day that I get to stay home and spend with our son a blessing from the Lord, who loves to give good and extravagant gifts to His children!

Here are a few updated pictures of our precious little 5 week old angel!


Above: Mommy and her big boy snuggling up for a picture.


Above: Tummy time...this kid is so strong he is going to be crawling in no time!


Above: The future Olympian strikes a pose


Above: Big Smile! Mommy's interpretation, "Oh, he must be happy!" What Elijah is most likely thinking, "You have no idea what I just did in my diaper." :)


Above: Elijah says "Hey Everybody!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness----He is SOOOO stinkin' cute!!! Love all the pics! Glad all is going well--keep up the good work mommie and daddy!! Kak

    ReplyDelete