Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Climbing Stairs

Guess what Elijah has learned how to do? If you looked at the title and guessed climbing stairs, then right you are! Elijah has been aware of the stairs for quite some time now but had not ventured up them until this past weekend. On Saturday he climbed up the first step for the first time. Ethan and I were both there and were impressed with his new accomplishment. The very next day, he was not only climbing on the first stair, but went up about four stairs! This kiddo sure learns quick... Needless to say, our actions were 1. take a few pictures (okay, so this was solely my doing), 2. teach him how to go back down the stairs, 3. get online and order a baby gate for the bottom of the stairs. :) Here is the little man in action.

Photobucket
Elijah crawling around the kitchen, looking for trouble.  One of his favorite kitchen pasttimes is pulling the towels off the oven bar.


Photobucket
Eli's mischevious grin after spotting the stairs.  There is no stopping him now...


Photobucket
Destination, top of the stairs.  He is determined, he is focused, he is ready. 


Photobucket
We have lift off.


Photobucket
Up he goes!  One down and he is going strong.


Photobucket
"Hey Mom, are you seeing this?"


Photobucket
"I am really starting to get the hang of this climbing business."


Photobucket
Two down and Elijah takes a break for a quick photo op.  You can see Boomerang is present to supervise the creature in his stair climbing debut.


Photobucket
"I'm pretty high, aren't I Mom?"


Photobucket
"I think I'll keep going a little higher."


Photobucket
"I can't let Boomerang beat me afterall."


Photobucket
"You are going to help me get down, right?"

1 comment:

  1. How is backing down schooling going? He'll catch on quick he's so sharp. Must be genetic. Not sure where the mischief part comes from, lol

    ReplyDelete