Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sense of Humor

Things around here have been hectic lately and thus blog updates have been few and far between.  Even now, I really need to go do a little cleaning, but want to share a few quick pics and Eli stories.

Elijah is just getting more and more fun each day and Ethan and I can hardly believe our little guy is coming up quickly on 1.  Recently, he has started to display such a little sense of humor and it cracks me up when he makes himself laugh.  On of his favorite "jokes" to play is to pretend like he is going to give Daddy his food and then pull it back at the last second and put it in his own mouth.  He giggles like he really fooled us and will proceed to do this 10 times in a row. :)  Another thing that he finds to be hilarious for some reason is if he is standing on one side of the bed, peering up over the side and sees you/you see him from the other side.  He just starts laughing away every time you look at him from across the room!  He will do this when Ethan is getting dressed in the morning or when I am putting away laundry and it is just the cutest thing.  I have no idea why this strikes him as so funny, but what can I say, he must just be a silly guy like his daddy (for we all know I am the very serious one in the family and come from a long line of serious people...) :).  He also loves to look at himself in the mirror in front of him in his carseat (so we can see him from the front seat).  He will make faces and just talk away and is clearly very entertained by checking himself out.  He loves to play "chase" where I will crawl after him, and then if I turn and crawl the opposite direction he will race toward me just laughing hysterically.  Finally, he has gotten to where he loves to stick out his tongue.  He will make a "lalalala" sound and just play with his tongue, and if I do it back he breaks out to a big grin and laughs that mommy is playing with him. 

I wish I had every single one of these things on video and documented in pictures to keep forever because I know that these moments fly by SO quickly!  I will try to refrain from getting all sappy and will sum it up by saying that I am so thankful for each giggle, each smile, and each silly joke our little man plays on us.  He is such a sweet natured, happy, boy and we praise our Magnificient God who created him for entrusting this precious child to us.  We consider ourself blessed beyond our wildest dreams and love this little guy so much!

Here are just a few pictures of Elijah sticking out his tongue today as we were about to drive home from the grocery store.

Photobucket
Sticking out his tongue, having a good ol' time!


Photobucket
"Lalala!"


Photobucket
Such a silly little boy :)


Photobucket
I love his eyes in this one


Photobucket
One more for good measure...


Photobucket
Check out that handsome little mug...he looks like such a big boy!


Photobucket
"Are you still taking pictures, Mom?"


Photobucket
Ethan makes this face too when I take one too many pictures...


Photobucket
Oops, pushed past the picture limit.  Time to go!


Photobucket
Back at home and free to play!


Photobucket
One quick smile and then he's off! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Kept checking in to see new pics and updates, but heard he had been sick a bit. No sign of it now! Thanks so much for keeping us updated on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...what a cutie! Those are all such fun stages. Fortunately, they don't grow out of all of them quite as quickly as they used to. Just today Ian and I had a grand game of "stick your tongue out". It still cracks him up. :-) I know what you mean about wanting to have a picture of everything or have it on video...I feel the same way! I can't believe how big Eli is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come from a long line of extremely serious ancestors, lol

    ReplyDelete