Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Great Outdoorsman

Elijah has won over his Mommy's heart, yet again, by his love for the great outdoors!  I LOVE to be outside and have recently discovered that Eli does too.  The weather has been unbelievably gorgeous lately and my favorite little mister and I have worked on soaking up ever minute of it.  The last few weeks have been full of play time in the park near our house, picnics in the backyard, and long walks around the neighborhood.  I am so glad that Elijah likes to share time outside with Mommy because there is plenty more to come!  Here are a sampling of pictures from some of our recent outdoors time.


Play time at the Park
Photobucket
Checking out the park bench, which of course is much more fun than the two huge play areas and swings right behind him :)


Photobucket
In case you are wondering, he was opening to try to lick the park bench until Mom intercepted...even I have my limits!


Photobucket
I just can't get enough of this little guy...he just looks like such a big boy!


Photobucket
"Mom, are we going to do anything cool or just stand around and take pictures all day?"


Photobucket
"Like what are those kids doing over there?"


Photobucket
Love the curls


Photobucket
"I'm outta here..."


Photobucket
"Now this is what I am talking about!"


Photobucket
"Slides are so cool!"


Photobucket
Oh the joys of childhood.  I love that he is having this much fun just banging on the slide.  Just wait till he is big enough to go down it! :)


Photobucket
"Mmmm, doesn't this look good."


Photobucket
"Tastes like chicken, Mom, you should try some."
More Park Outings
Photobucket
Elijah also loves to swing


Photobucket
This is his favorite toy at the park


Photobucket
He likes to stand and spin the orange things
Photobucket
Eli sitting with his little frog legs...how is that comfortable

Photobucket
My fun is watching the little guy play!

Photobucket
Man's best friend.

Going for Walks
Photobucket
"Mommy, why don't you let me drive today?"


Open Doors
Photobucket
Every time Elijah sees an open door he makes a bee line for outside.  Here he is exploring our front walkway.


Back Yard Picnic

Photobucket
Enjoying a delicious picnic lunch in the backyard with Mom and Boomerang


Photobucket


Photobucket
"Let's see, what do we have here?"


Photobucket
More interested in the lid than the food.

Photobucket
I love how he eats with his whole fist.


Photobucket
The spread...beans, bread, and cheese, yum! :)


Photobucket
The clean up crew.


Photobucket


Photobucket
Ah, buddy, you have a couple of crumbs on your face.


Photobucket
Just loving the great outdoors


More Backyard Fun
Photobucket


Photobucket
I wish I could say my little genius was putting on the rings, but we haven't quite gotten that far yet.


Photobucket
He does like to take them off and throw them, though. :)


Photobucket
Two things crack me up about this picture. The way he is trying to smile and squinting because of the sun, and the way you can see the shadow of my hand taking the picture in the bottom corner. 

*Okay, so I know that was a ton of pictures.  I just can't help it...I am a biased mom who is not good at narrowing them down, so I just decided to post them all. :)


2 comments:

  1. Fun spring days! LOVE the curls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you post all of them! He is adorable! Those curls are so cute on him! I wish we lived closer...Ian HAS to have at least two good hour long walks a day or he gets cranky. We could go exploring together!

    ReplyDelete