Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finger Foods

Elijah is all about feeding himself lately!  Apparently one of the kids in the church nursery must have told him that having Mom spoon feed you "baby food" was totally uncool. :)  The good thing about this is that he is showing some independence in wanting to do things for himself, he is getting much better fine motor control in using his fingers to grab the food and put it in his mouth, and most of all that we have a dog to clean up underneath the high chair for the times that he misses his target. :)  On the down side, an almost 11 month old feeding himself is much less efficient, much messier, and not nearly as well rounded in his diet.  I am pretty sure that Elijah would be a dairy and carb-aholic if I left him to his own meal planning.  He loves cheese, yogurt, bread, cheerios, and probably most of all, graham crackers.  When he doesn't like something, he does this funny face where he squints his eyes and turns his head.  He does this face with all new foods or pretty much anything "Mom" tries to feed him.  Here are a few pictures of my silly little self feeding boy.

Graham Crackers are delicious!
Photobucket
Elijah LOVES graham crackers, for better or for worse...


Photobucket
MMMMMM!


Photobucket
Would you believe that right before this he was starting to "implode."  I was about to resort to a 5pm bedtime and then graham crackers turned my fussy boy into this happy, grinning little guy. :)


Photobucket
"These really are delicious, Mom, you should try some."


Photobucket
Check out the teeth.  Elijah's tooth count is now up to 8.


Photobucket
Going for another one...


Photobucket
Got it!  If there was motion to this picture, imagine his arms flapping out of excitement.


Photobucket
"Hey Mom, do you like seefood.  Get it, see - food!"


Photobucket
My silly little boy :)


The Great Food Dilema...

Photobucket
Elijah managed to swipe a pretzel stick from Mommy.  I let him have it to see what he would do.  He broke it in half and then had one piece in each hand and was just as happy as could be.  I put some chicken on his tray and the the great food dilema began...


Photobucket
"How do I get that chicken without forfeiting my pretzel sticks..."


Photobucket
"Mom, could you put that chicken in my mouth for me so I don't have to let go of either pretzel rod?"


Photobucket
"Or is there some other way I can get that in my mouth without having to make a decision?"


Photobucket
"Well, if I have to choose, I guess I will stick with this pretzel treasure I have managed to swipe from Mommy's plate."


Raiding the Pantry
Photobucket
"Seriously, Mom, don't we have anything to eat in this place?"


Photobucket
"Where are those graham crackers?"


Photobucket
"Oats?  Gross, please don't try to give my these anymore.  Let's just stick to bread and cheese."

1 comment:

  1. I can tell that poor baby never gets any food. Has to try to find pantry sustenance

    ReplyDelete