Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tracy's Wedding Weekend!

If there has been a weekend I have been a little nervous about since having Elijah, it was this past weekend. Super, super excited...because it was a wonderful occasion- my college roommate Tracy's wedding weekend- but nervous nonetheless. As wedding weekends go, it was action packed. We started with a roadtrip to Houston, Thursday night the gals had a bachellorette party for the bride to be, Friday morning was the Bridesmaid Luncheon followed by manicures and pedicures, then off the the rehearsal, then the rehearsal dinner. Saturday morning we would meet early at the hotel to get hair and make-up done, then off to the church to get even more beautiful and take pics, finally wedding time would arrive at 4 pm and then off to the reception! Phew! We were not bored, to say the least. Normally, this is all positive and exciting, but with an almost 6 month old there is always the question lurking of how in the world is this going to go and when is my little kiddo finally going to implode from all this action.

The good news is, our little man did great...and of course that Tracy is now officially married and had a beautiful wedding! We had a great time and always enjoy our trips into Houston to see all of our old friends. It is amazing to think that it has been 5+ years since we have graduated from college, and yet each time we go down to Houston and get together with the old gang it feels like we have never been apart. I am so thankful for our friends and know that no matter where we live and how long we are apart, we will always be close. These are friendships built on the Lord and these girls truly are my Sisters in Christ. I am so thankful to Tracy for making me one of her bridesmaids and so happy that she had such a wonderful wedding.

I have to give a huge acknowledgement of thanks to my husband as well for making the weekend go as smoothly as it did. He was on Daddy Duty a good portion of the time and did such a great job! He got Eli drinking out of the bottle like a champ and blessed me by taking such good care of our son that I didn't have to worry about him when we were apart. Ethan played the role of chauffeur, shuttling us back and forth and meeting us places that were not exactly close to hand off the kiddo. I appreciate all Ethan did to make the weekend a success, and all with a smile on his face. In the midst of the wedding mania, I was continually reminded what a wonderful husband I have and how thankful I was to exchange vows with the man of my dreams 5 years ago. I love him even more today than I did on June 4, 2005, and am blessed beyond words with the beautiful family that the Lord has given me.

I did not take many pictures because I was trying to keep sane in the midst of everything going on. I will post a few that I did take, but most of the following are pictures that I swiped from Karrie (she posted them on Facebook). :)


Above: Elijah and Avery playing at Karrie's house. I just love seeing the kiddos together! They are so cute together because they are just so interested in each other. You can see them holding hands and they kept grabbing onto one another. Here Eli is shamelessly chewing on Avery's pink toy while pretty little Avery sits in her bumbo chair.


Above: Dinner at PF Changs for Tracy's Bachellorette Party. Here I am posed between the two Julies. :)


Above: All the gals with the Bride to Be! Left to right: Julie, Susan (Suz came in from NY for the weekend and it was so great to get to see her!!), Tracy, Karrie, and Jen


Above: More dinner pics. Me with Karrie and Julie. I felt a little left out not being blond and all, but at least I had straight hair for the occasion. ;)


Above: Tracy with her Bridal Party at Brio's Tuscan Grille for the Bridesmaid luncheon. It was fun...and delicious!


Above: Elijah was the only boy allowed at the luncheon.


Above: Can you tell that this is early Saturday morning? :) Hair and make-up have yet to be done, but I am getting the little man all cleaned up. He came to the hotel where the girls got all prettied up and actually took a pretty good nap in the pack and play.


Above: My little boy sure cleans up nice! He wore a tuxedo for the wedding and was absolutely adorable. I am sure this will come as a huge surprise...we got the tux from Michael and Jenny. :) Dylan (my almost 6 year old nephew) wore this tux in our wedding when he was only 5 months old. The timing could not have been better and it worked great.


Above: My handsome boys!!


Above: Getting the little guy not to chew on the vest was a bit of a challenge, but he was looking sharp either way.


Above: This one is a tad blurry, but cute nonetheless.


Above: One happy family!


Above: Me and Julie with Mrs. Tracy Cummings! :)


Above: Me and Karrie with the sweet kiddos. I love seeing the babies all dressed up! It would have been perfect if we could have gotten them to look at the camera, but you can see their precious outfits. Avery's dress matched the bridesmaids dresses perfectly!


Above: Me, Karrie, and Julie at the reception. We had a great time and I miss seeing everyone already! Looking forward to a reunion again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures ;-)!! It was so wonderful spending time with you this past weekend. I love you and miss you already! Eli did so great! What a precious little boy!

    ReplyDelete