Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

2011 Thanksgivings

We are so thankful for the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving with both of our families! Here are some pictures of our 2011 Turkey Day celebrations. 

Thanksgiving 1: Saturday before Thanksgiving with the Venters and the Cislaghis in Anna, TX

Photobucket
"Oh boy, I can hardly wait to go hang out with Mamie and Pops and my cousins!"
Eli got an early Christmas present.  We flipped his car seat from facing backwards to forward and this was his maiden voyage seeing out the front window.  He did great. :)


Photobucket
Amber, Asher, and some tasty Thanksgiving food!


Photobucket
Our "Thankful Cups"


Photobucket
My favorite cup. :)


Photobucket
Eli's first real Thanksgiving meal.  While he was around last year on Thanksgiving, he was not yet eating table food.



Photobucket
Go figure, he liked the fried okra!  I mean seriously, who doesn't like fried okra. :)


Photobucket
Post lunch walk (to make room for dessert of course)


Photobucket
The two boys I am most thankful for


Photobucket
Mamie and Pops help Abram ride around the block on Emory's bike.


Photobucket
Eli playing with the pinwheels in the front yard.

I am sorry to say that we did not take a group shot...what were we thinking!  Next year, Venters and Cislaghis, we have to be sure to get a picture of the whole clan together!

Thanksgiving Baking: Pies, Pies, Pies!

Photobucket
I have had the privilege of becoming the Thanksgiving pie baker for our families.  Thankfully Eli had great naps during this week and I was able to bake away while the little man slept upstairs. 


Photobucket
Cherry, Pecan, and Pumpkin pie for round 1 of Thanksgiving.


Photobucket
Let's just say that after Eli had the joy of eating pie during round 1 of Thanksgiving, he was much more interested in round 2 of the pies.  Since I baked them the day before we left, they were plain for him to see and drool over for a whole day.  The next morning while we were loading up the car, I spied a little hand reaching over the edge of the table and attempting to dig into one of the pumkin pies!  Thankfully they were already covered with saran wrap, although we did have a few finger dents.  


Thanksgiving 2: Thanksgiving Day with the Cobens (allll of them), the Woods, the Beversdorfs, and the Cislaghis in San Antonio, TX


Unlike our first Thanksgiving celebration, there were no lack of pictures for Thanksgiving round 2.  Are you ready for picture overload?  Seriously, here they come.  You better be ready. :)
Photobucket
My sweet little cousin Matthew's first Thanksgiving!  Why is he so happy, you might ask?  Of course it is because he is with his two Aunt Jennys! :)

Photobucket
Spending some time loving on my new baby cousin


Photobucket
Hanging out on the back porch on a gorgeous day.


Photobucket
My dad and Roy manning the grill


Photobucket
Just a tiny little turkey. (I will leave it up to you to decide whether I am talking about my mom or the bird.)


Photobucket
The turkey chefs


Photobucket
"Is that for me?!"


Photobucket
"Can I open it?"


Photobucket
"Oh boy, it is for me!  I can hardly wait until Christmas!"


Photobucket
"A present as tall as I am, what a spectacular idea." 


Photobucket
And why is this little boy so happy?  Because he is with HIS Aunt Jennys, of course!


Photobucket
Aunt Jenny 1 with Eli


Photobucket
The three Jennifers.



Photobucket
Taking a picture together with the 3 Jennys led to a ridiculous series of pictures with every combination of people with the 3 Jennys.  It was very silly, but fun.


Photobucket
The Jennys with their moms



Photobucket
The Jennys with their dads


Photobucket
Roy displays an amazing feat of strength in holding his baby girl :)

Photobucket
The Jennys and their husbands

Photobucket
In this picture Roy called out "give me passion!"  Here was our response..I especially like the Jenny in the middle :)



Photobucket


Photobucket
The Jennys with their brothers

Photobucket



Photobucket
In this picture Roy called out again, "give me passion!"  This time we had a little different reaction. :)  It makes me laugh every time I see this picture!


Photobucket
My mom and dad


Photobucket
What a handsome couple...I bet they would have great looking kids. ;)


Photobucket
The Patriarchs


Photobucket
Family Pic


Photobucket
Our original Coben clan plus spouses and kids...my how we have grown!
Don't mind the turkey in the far right corner...this was just a distracter to get all thekids looking in the right direction. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love them. What great pictures and comments of course. Can't wait for Chrustmad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed them all and love the silly pics!

    ReplyDelete