Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Firsts

These pictures are a little late in coming, but I didn't want to skip some of Elijah's "firsts" that he experienced during Easter weekend. The Saturday before Easter was a fun filled day.

First, Ethan and I took Elijah to his very first Easter egg hunt at our church. The little guy was not exactly sure what to think about this crazy tradition as you'll see below.

First Easter Egg Hunt


Photobucket
"Hmmm...what is this thing?"




Photobucket
"Hey Mommy, what am I supposed to do with this?  And why are you taking rapid fire pictures of me?"


Photobucket
"Whoa...jackpot!!"


Photobucket
"I love Goldfish!!"


Photobucket
"Tastes a little funny.  Must have gotten more grass than goldfish in that bite."


Photobucket
"Oh, there is another one."


Photobucket
"I wonder if there are more goldfish in here?"


Photobucket
"Wow, there are a ton of these little treasure filled toys."


Photobucket
"Maybe I should give this to Daddy to hold while I go and get some more."

Photobucket
Off to get more eggs.

Photobucket
"Sweet, found some more."


Photobucket
"I'll go with...this one."





Photobucket
"Daddy, can you help me up so I can walk?"


Photobucket
"I might make better time on my feet."


Photobucket
"On second thought, I think I am good on goldfish."  Attention span, maxed out.


Photobucket
Daddy and Eli.  You can see our very personalized first "Easter basket" is Ethan's hand.


Photobucket
Another sweet picture of Daddy and his little boy.  Here you can see some of the other kids hunting eggs in the background too.  All of the eggs are hidden very well. :)




Photobucket
Family Photo, minus Boomerang. :)


After Elijah had found all the Easter eggs his little heart could desire, we went to another nearby church that was having an Easter Eggs-travaganza. They had all sorts of activities for the kids, but the one that captured our interest the most was a petting zoo. Elijah was very interested in the animals and seemed to enjoy this even more than the egg hunt.

First Petting Zoo

Photobucket
The petting zoo had llamas, which I found interesting.


Photobucket
...and chickens, ducks, bunnies, goats, etc.


Photobucket
Elijah and another boy checking out the animals.



Photobucket
"Whoa, Mommy, this is cool!"


Photobucket
"Are you seeing this?"


Photobucket
Going to check out the goat.


Photobucket
We didn't get in (the very long) line to walk through the inside of the petting zoo but just checked things out from the outside.  I think at this point it worked out just as well.



Photobucket
Elijah moving in for a closer look.



Photobucket
"What a funny looking dog!"



Photobucket
"I wonder if Boomerang knows this guy?"


Photobucket
Checking out the bigger animals with Daddy.


Photobucket
This "cousin" of the llama was there...and alpaca.


Photobucket
Ethan: "That is one ugly beast."


Photobucket
Eli:  "Yeah, that is one ugly beast."


Photobucket
Ethan: "Your not taking pictures of me just so you can make up thoughts for me later and post them to the blog, are you?"


Photobucket
Alpaca: "Happy Easter Everyone!"  Yikes, I may have just stooped to a new low making up thoughts for the alpaca...
Oh well...Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment