Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Iced In...Burrr!

The Texas weather has had quite the "mood swing" lately.  This past weekend was as perfect as could be and left us itching for Spring.  We took long walks and went to the park to push Elijah in the swing.  What a difference a few days makes!  I can honestly say that I have not been out of the house for the past 3 days.  Good thing I spent plenty of time outside this past weekend!  The whole family has been cooped up here this week due to the freezing temperatures and icy roads.  We are thankful that Ethan has been able to work from home, although I somehow seem to think having an almost 10 month old crawling around your feet is not the best thing for your productivity.  Thanks to a purple pair of ear plugs and a strong determination to focus on his work, Ethan has been good about staying on task and I have done my best to allow him to do so.  That said, it has been nice to have him around!

Here are a few pictures from our icy February freeze.  We will be looking forward to getting out of the house soon and hope that the weather warms up at least a little for Superbowl Sunday.  Go Cowboys!  Wait, they're not in it?  Oh well, guess I'll just have to cheer for whoever is winning (as usual).

Photobucket
Saturday, our little "Let is Snow" garden flag was the laughing stock of the whole neighborhood.  They are not laughing anymore. :)


Photobucket
Our street.  It may look like a nice sweet layer of snow on the road, but do not be deceived...that is solid ice!  When Ethan went to get the mail on Tuesday night (yes, those mailmen are crazy) he thought the part right by the street was not frozen and he nearly wiped out on the ever dreaded black ice.


Photobucket
With the winter weather, Elijah and I stayed in the nice warm house to play.  Here is Eli playing in his little "toy corner" (which never actually stays confined to the corner but spreads all throughout the room).


Photobucket
With the extra time indoors to explore, Elijah has learned a fun new trick.  Not only can he unroll the toilet paper, he can now flush the toilet.  Oh, the never ending excitement of the bathroom!  I can't wait until he learns how to "reroll" the toilet paper, but he leaves that fun task to Mom for the time being. :)


Photobucket
"Would you mind opening this lid?  I know that there is water in here and I would very much like to fish my hand inside."

Photobucket
Yesterday was cold, cold, cold. They were doing rolling blackouts so we had 3 times when out power went out for about 15 minutes each. Since it was such a chilly day, Elijah needed to put on his warmest outfit available...which just so happened to be this cow outfit. :) It is all fleece, has footies, and has a hood; it doesn't get any warmer than that. Plus, it just so happens to provide a little extra amusement to Mom and Dad (okay, so especially Mom) who has been cooped up for the last few days...



Photobucket
"Got anything to eat around here?  I am starving...I do have four stomachs afterall!"


Photobucket
Yes, I took a picture of his little bootie...but that tail just cracks me up!


Photobucket
Happiest little cow around!


Photobucket
Elijah and Boomerang in their winter wear. :)


Photobucket
This little boy is just so "udderly" sweet. :)


Photobucket
"Does everyone dress up on cold weather days?  I kind of like putting on my cow costume." 


Photobucket
Glad we got to use his Halloween costume one more time before he outgrew it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! Those are some cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures "meat" my expectations too! How precious!
    Love them all! He looks so "cud" ly, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew the puns would be too great to resist. :) I had to throw at least one in there myself! I'm so glad you didn't let me down (and milked it for all it was worth)!! Thanks for the sweet words, as always. Glad you guys enjoy the pictures and stories...with a cute little boy like this one they are sure to keep coming. :) Much love...

    ReplyDelete