Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland

This morning, I awakened to find a beautiful winter wonderland outside!  While the ice and freezing temperatures have shaken up our normal routines and confined us to the great indoors, the beautiful, fresh, powdery snow has completely redeemed a week of ice and cold (in my opinion anyway, although the Superbowl people may very well beg to differ)! 

Ethan, being the thoughtful husband that he is, went out and took some pictures of the fresh, untainted snow this morning while it was still dark.  Once me and Eli were up and about, I put on my thermals, my warmest winter clothes, and donned Ethan's camo hunting boots to go out for a trek in the snow.  Now, with all of this prep you would think my trek would have been more than just going out to the front yard and visiting with a neighbor from across the street.  What can I say, we are Texans and not used to the cold. :)  After a bit I grabbed Elijah, put on his warm hat, wrapped him in a blanket, and managed to convince Ethan to come outside and snap a few pics of Elijah's first time in the snow.  Ethan wasn't entirely convinced that the effort would be worthwhile since Eli isn't old enough to remember this in future years, but I explained that I wasn't really taking him out there for Eli's sake, but for mine.  Plus, that's what the pictures are for. :)  So, earning more brownie points for the day he came out into the snow and played photographer.  He took some great pictures and I appreciate having such a sweet husband to share my life with.  Here are our pictures and a few videos of all the snow...

First the pics with Eli:
Photobucket
My favorite picture of us in the snow


Photobucket
Sooo pretty out here!


Photobucket
Mom: "What do you think of all of this snow, Little Buddy?"


Photobucket
Mom: "See, touch it with your fingers..."


Photobucket
Eli: "Wow, it is cold Mommy!"


Photobucket
Eli: "Is it going to stay like this forever?"


Photobucket
Mom: "No, my silly goose, probably just for a few days."
Eli:  "Oh, well then in that case it is pretty neat!"


Photobucket
Eli:  "Look Mommy, it is falling from the sky!"


Photobucket
Checking out our snow covered yard


Photobucket
Having a little chat


Photobucket
And a couple more for good measure...


Photobucket
Jen: "Am I in this picture?"


Photobucket
Jen: "I think he is zoomed up on Elijah, but I better fake smile just to be sure."



Now for the Scenery Pics:
Photobucket
Snow falling just before dawn


Photobucket
Our table and chairs on our back patio covered in snow


Photobucket
Some pictures of our back yard...


Photobucket
Beautiful!


Photobucket
Typical snowy winter day in Texas


Photobucket
A few pictures taken from our upstairs windows...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Our back yard from our bedroom window


Photobucket
The backyard again...


Photobucket


And if you're still with us...a few videos for a live tour :)









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful snow! Love all the pix! What a sweet hubby to brave the cold for such great pictures...they will definitely make great memories for years to come! You and Eli look soooo happy! Love all the sweet captions!

    ReplyDelete