Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

In Honor of Dr. Seuss

I have been inspired,
by the author Dr. Seuss,
For we’ve been reading stories,
like “Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose.”

How fun! I think, so clever, so quick,
To rhyme in perfect verse,
And the stories are filled with lessons and wit,
With no need to rehearse.

Maybe I can be an author,
of children’s books that rhyme.
If I could just get published
By some publisher friend of mine.

I’d need to learn to draw,
Or find a person to help out,
for all kid's books have pictures,
because If not the kids would pout.

And then I thought, “ah hah, I know!”
“I’ll just use the blog!”
So from now on my posts will rhyme
From Eli to the dog.

The best thing about poems
From the poems I have read
Is that if you can’t find a word to rhyme
You just make one up straight from your head!

So instead of Eli stories
I will tell of widgets and of woodells,
Or alligators wearing tennis shoes
And miniature toy poodles.

I will tell about a little town
on a spec of dust,
‘Cause if you've not read of the Who’s
That story is a must!

But as I now start to consider
This brand new plan of mine,
I think it may not be the best
For poems might confine.

While I like to talk of widgets
And of woodells and the Who's,
I know that all my “readers”
Most like to peruse…

…My stories about Eli
For he’s the star of the show,
We love that little guy so much
More than he’ll ever know.

So for my precious son,
Mommy’s silly little goose,
I’ll write of his updates instead
And leave the rhymes to Dr. Seuss.





3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud. A chip off the old block. I love your doctor talk lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it
    I do
    Who do you take after??
    ...your mama, that's who!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...cute! You are so talented! Love the pic of Eli...so precious!

    ReplyDelete