Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This Week

Another day has passed, another week snuck by,
Sometimes I am overwhelmed at how quickly time can fly.

But like a gorgeous sunset, life changes all the while
It can't be paused, it can't be held,
But lived, and lived in style.

Each moment as it's passing, brings new colors into view
Reds and oranges, brilliant and breathtaking,
reaching to the very heart of you.

So gloriously wasteful, this common dipping of the sun,
but how often do we miss it because we live life on the run.

We must remember to remember, to see the beauty in each day,
In every breath, in every moment, in each and every way.

Our glorious Creator has given us a gift,
The gift of life, precious and full, to Him my voice I lift...

My songs of praise and thanks, for the blessings He has poured out
But most of all for Jesus Christ, the One there is no life without.

A little glimpse of the life I am so thankful for this week:

Photobucket
On June 4th, Ethan and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary!  I would not choose another person on the whole earth to share the rest of my days with.  I love you, Ethan.  You are my best friend, the man of my dreams, and the most wonderful father to our children.  I look forward to all the joys that lie ahead and all the life we have yet to live together.


Photobucket
Elijah has such a spirit of curiosity and is ever learning.  This particular day his fascination was the kitchen sink.


Photobucket
Our little curly cue, figuring out the drain.


Photobucket
"Fixed it Mommy!"


Photobucket
Soaking up the summer sun with my little boy!  We love our little pool.  I tried to get a picture of Eli in his star bathing suit (from Callie) and his white bucket hat (from Paula), but he only kept it on for about half a second.


Photobucket
Taking a little break in the shade


Photobucket
Always pointing. :)


Photobucket
A moment I will always remember.  I love you Eli and cherish each day and hour with you!


Photobucket
More fun in the pool


Photobucket
Germ-a-phobes, please skip this picture.


Photobucket
Elijah just finished dinner in this picture, but it looks more like he just came out of a war zone.  He is upset because I wouldn't let him touch the camera.  Any guesses why?


Photobucket
Notice the hair.  His new thing is to have his hands coated in food and then to put them on the top of his head and drag them down slowly over his face.  What a dirty boy...such a mess but so darn cute!  After dinner, while I wiped him down as best as I could, I kissed him on the head and actually tasted ketchup.  Gross. :)


Photobucket
Perfectly content with a messy face.


Photobucket
My little angel.  Your mommy and daddy love you more than words could ever say, ridiculously dirty and all!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome poem and pictures! Your Mommy loves you more than words can ever say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a book with your poems and pictures. I'd buy it for sure'

    ReplyDelete