Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

South Padre, Post 1

This past week, Elijah and I went down to the beach with my parents.  We had a great time hanging out with Nana and Papa, and for an added bonus Uncle Daniel and Aunt Jenny met us there for the end of the week!  I am so thankful for a fun, relaxing week at the beach.


Elijah had a good time playing in the sand.  There were a bunch of families there and Eli always seemed to find the kids playing nearby to go hang out with.  Even more, he seemed to find their toys. :)  All of the other "moms" were really nice to let him join in the fun.  My parents bought him a bunch of fun beach toys that he did play with a lot...but there is just nothing like playing with someone else's toys I guess.  He would watch and try to imitate the things the older kids were doing.  I am glad that he had the chance to walk around and explore this fun surrounding, although we did keep a close eye on his to make sure he didn't fall in any holes, as the boys next to use were "digging to China", or go near the water without us.  He got into the ocean more this trip than the last time (since he was only 4 months on his first beach trip), but still preferred the shore to the water (as do I).   

I am noticing that Eli has been learning and understanding so much more lately.  I can now say things to him that he actually understands and (usually) obeys, like "can you get the ball and hand it to Mommy?"  Also, he would point at Nana and Papa when asked where they were, and make noises when he drove around his cars or boat.  He is developing cognitively so much, it always impresses me when I realize that he knows something I didn't think he would.


I don't have many pictures, but my parents do that they are going to share with me. Consider this public peer pressure, Mom, to share your pics. :)   Here is a first glimpse of our trip from some of the pictures I did take on my camera.

Photobucket
On the plane, heading to SPI.  Elijah did SO well flying down and back.  We took a 6:20 am flight down, which meant we woke Eli up super early.  He was happy and such a good kiddo on the way down and back, which I am most thankful for!

Photobucket
Playing with his books and eating his graham crackers and milk...the secrets to a successful flight. :)

Photobucket
Our reward...the beach (not to mention Nana and Papa)!

Photobucket
Ready for the beach...suited up in his Cars swim garb from Nana


Photobucket
Sunglasses stayed on for about 2 seconds, but long enough to get one pic (albeit a tad blurry)


Photobucket
Me and my little man, all washed up for dinner


Photobucket
Mr. Handsome with Nana and Papa


Photobucket
New Spidey PJs from Nana


Photobucket
Nana teaching Eli new tricks


Photobucket
"Is this how you do it, Nana?"


Photobucket
Calling Daddy to say he misses him!


Photobucket
Heading home and sending Daddy a text to let him know we're on the way.  Where could he have learned this trick? :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a blast! I can't believe how big Eli is now! Haha - it won't be long before Eli and Ian can text each other.

    ReplyDelete