Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rangers Family Photo

Ethan and I have pretty much perfected the two person self portrait.  I don't mean to sound boastful, but what can I say, we are just really good at taking our own picture. :)  This is probably one of my favorite modes to getting a great photo of the two of us.  So, if it works for two...why not three?

Ethan, Elijah, and I tried our first three person self portrait the other day.  It was an impromptu photo shoot at the end of a long, hot day.  Ethan and I had just met our new neighbors across the street and realized that we were both wearing Rangers tees.  "They must think we are Rangers fanatics," we thought to ourselves...and of course they would be right. :)  Okay, maybe we are not fanatics, but we do like a good ball game and I can honestly say that I have watched every time they have ever been in the World Series.

So, after standing outside in the Texas heat for about 30 minutes, we finally made it back into the cool AC and thought, "Hey, why don't we put Eli in his Rangers tee and take a Rangers Family Photo!"  I must admit, this was my idea, as I do not think Ethan has ever suggested that we get the camera out to take pictures in our 6 years of marriage.  But, being the obliging husband that he is, he played along with my silly little game and happily joined in the family photo shoot.  I must say that we are no where near the perfect mark with the three person self portrait.  How can one relatively small person make such a big difference, throwing off our years of self portrait training?  Next time we will just have to get Boomerang to take the picture for us, I guess.  You can see the results of our little family photo shoot below.

Photobucket
The initial shot was a failure for three main reasons. 1) I cut out two of the three people's heads in this picture. 2) It is blurry and 3) I revealed that our 14 month old is in fact not wearing pants.


Photobucket
Better than the first, but still cut off a head.  Eli is trying to figure out what in the world I am doing.


Photobucket
Let's give turning the camera the other way a try...Nope. 


Photobucket
Ethan gets a shot at holding the camera.  Elijah is obviously not too impressed. :)


Photobucket
Eli starting to catch onto the idea.  A little too much space on the left though...


Photobucket
Oops...still to much space on the left


Photobucket
Probably the best of the bunch, although that's not saying much. :)


Photobucket
And we're done!  Thank you and drive home safely Rangers fans. :)


And now for a little Rangers Talk with Eli...

Photobucket
Me:  "Eli, who is your favorite baseball team?"
Eli:  "Oh, that's easy Mommy, the Rangers of course!"


Photobucket
Eli:  "What's your next question, Mom...I like this game."
Me: "Out of all the players on the team, which player is your favorite?"


Photobucket
Eli:  "Hmmm, that's a tough one..."


Photobucket
Me:  "Maybe Josh Hamilton or Michael Young...?"
Eli:  "Well, I do like both of them."


Photobucket
Me:  "Or maybe Cliff Lee Molina?"


Photobucket
Eli:  "Cliff Lee Molina...who has ever heard of such a crazy thing!"

**  See http://youtu.be/ErMAfJYn80Q to understand the inside joke. :)  This will be Eli in a few years.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know baseball but do know cute when I see it. Love Elijah's haircut. Precious family!

    ReplyDelete