Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baby #2!

While I am sure that most people know that we are expecting by now, I realized that I have not officially posted anything on our blog about it yet to date (minus a few comments in pictures).  If you have not yet been privy to that information, then surprise! ;)  If so, here is a little recap so far on the pregnancy.

First off, we must give all glory and praise to the One to whom praise is due.  Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful blessing!!  Our hearts are truly grateful, for we know that God alone is the creator of life and we are so thankful that He is choosing to bless us with another little precious life in our family. 

The first trimester was successful and symptomatic.  Successful in that the baby is growing just as it should be, but may I say that I certainly "felt" pregnant.  With Eli I did not experience much nausea so even though I have always heard that "every pregnancy is different," I pretty much expected the same thing as the first one.  This was not the case, but I am so thankful that all of those symptoms meant that the baby was healthy and doing exactly what it needed to do!  Thankfully, Eli still takes one long nap during the day and I joined him for MANY of those naps. :) 

I have since made it to the second trimester and am feeling a lot better.  We went in today for the first ultrasound since 11 weeks (which felt like a long time for us) and praise God everything was perfect!  The doctor predicted that it was going to be pretty big baby.  She kept saying how "huge" the cord was and even said "I think that is the biggest cord I have ever seen!" :)  She asked me again how big Eli was and I said 9lbs 1 oz.  She said that they usually add a pound with ever subsequent baby and said that this was likely to be a 10 pounder and she did not want to stick around to see the 11 lb baby. :)  This was not shocking to my mom, who also "birthed" rather large babies (10.2, 10.5, and 9.5) so I guess it is just in my genes.  Anyway, regardless of size, we are just so thankful for a good report and happy to get to see our little one today.  The baby was moving a ton...maybe signs of an active one to come.  Better get my naps in while I can!

And as usual, no post from me is complete without at least a few pictures...

Finding out I was pregnant back in July!  Such an exciting day!!

First ultrasound at 7 weeks.  We were so thrilled to hear the heartbeat of our teeny tiny little baby!  Our doctor heard the strong heartbeat and said, "do you hear that, it is like a machine gun!"  It made us laugh, and yet so happy at the same time.  Praise God!

Family trip to the doctor today for our 16 week ultrasound.  Eli (as well as Ethan and I) have been so excited to see the "baby in Mommy's tummy."  We came armed with a bag of books, and Daddy and Eli were enjoying a little story time while waiting for the doctor. 


Eli loves the book "Go Dog, Go" and can practically recite the whole thing by himself.  Makes reading stories pretty easy on our part. :)

‎16 weeks pregnant, baby and baby bump are growing! We went in for an ultrasound today and praise God everything was great! We left with the gender sealed in an envelope, to be revealed this weekend in a cake.  Mamie, Pops, Nana, and Papa will be coming in town for our little "gender reveal party."  We can't wait to find out the gender soon, and Eli cannot wait to have cake! :)  Most of all we are just so thankful for a good report and a healthy growing baby.  Thank you, Lord!

 

 
  

1 comment: