Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Most Happy 7th Anniversary

Today marks 7 years of being married to the love of my life.  I am blessed beyond words to share my life with such an incredible husband!  This past weekend, Ethan surprised me with a wonderful anniversary present.  Here is the story below...

Ethan took the day off on Friday and we spent an enjoyable morning going for a walk to the coffee shop and browsing around the library.  Shortly after we returned home, we received a knock at the door.  Ethan's mom, from Shreveport, was there and "just happened to be stoppng by to drop off some books for Eli."  I was very surprised to see her, but something seemed a little suspicious with my smirking husband. :)  I thought he was most likely behind this little surprise visit and must have something up his sleeve.  And indeed he did!  He told me to pack a bag and let me ask yes or no questions to determine what I needed to pack.  After throwing a swimsuit, a dressy outfit, and other casual clothes in a bag, we gave instructions to Mamie about watching Eli and set out.  Eli was more than excited to see his Mamie and didn't miss us a lick while we were gone!

Much to my delight, we arrived at the Gaylord for the start of our romantic surprise anniversary getaway!  After strolling around and taking in the beautiful scenery and landscaping, we checked in and got settled.  Our room was a gorgeous suite with a great view from the balcony, complete with champagne and cake balls!  We toasted and enjoyed some treats and relished the time to sit and reminisce without dividing our attention on a 2 year old (sweet as he may be).

Dinner was another surprise, and we headed over to a nice restaurant called Trulucks.  It was delicious.  We shared an anniversary feast for sure...calamari, scallops, steak, dessert and coffee!  It was a special time proving all those people wrong who said we'd never make it. ;)

The next morning I had another surprise awaiting me...an hour long massage at the spa!  Ahh...it was fantastic.  We then dined together for brunch at "the Riverwalk."  After another nice meal, we went for a walk and were then lured in by the pool.  The Gaylord just added on a really cool waterpark area called Paradise Springs.  We changed into our bathing suites, checked out, and headed over to the pool for a few more hours.  We enjoyed floating on the lazy river, going down the water slide, dipping in the water, and laying out in the sun.  It was a great day.

After a nice getaway, we loaded up and headed back home.  I am so thankful for a husband who still loves to plan special dates together and so thoughtfully surprises me.  These past 7 years have been the best in my life, and they just keep getting better and better.  I look forward to all of the joys and surprises the next 7 bring, and a lifetime after that!  I love you, Ethan, Happy 7th Anniversary!

Photobucket
Ready to go...
Photobucket
...even though I had no idea where we were off to!
Photobucket
What a welcome :)
Photobucket
Champagne and Cake Balls, my way to celebrate!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
To the bride and groom
Photobucket
Cheers!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dinner at Trulucks
Photobucket
Yummy Anniversary Dessert!
Photobucket
To the babysitter who made it all possible...thanks Mamie!! :)
    

4 comments:

  1. Aww!!! That is so super sweet!! Way to go, Ethan! Happy 7 years to an amazing couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep him'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww! Love this -- that Ethan is so sweet and soooooo smart to take such good care of you! Many many happy years ahead for you!

    Also lovin the new "high five to the tree" pic!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha Jo June 10thJune 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

    Ethan you should give you other "boy" cousins some ideas!!! You are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete