Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

New Sports

Seeing how much Eli loves playing basketball, football, soccer, and baseball, we have recently added a few new sports to his athletic "palate."   
  

Photobucket
At Christmas we gave Eli his first litte trike bike.  I put it together and was so excited for him to try it out.  While he is still just a bit too short and can't quite reach the pedals, he still enjoys taking it outside for a spin.  He either walks it along with his feet or has mom push him.  At the rate this kid seems to be growing, I know he'll be able to reach the pedals before long and will be wheeling all around the neighborhood!


Photobucket
Our little man loving life

Photobucket
"Check out my sweet wheels!"


Photobucket
New Sport #2: Cart Racing
Yes, I am now among those moms who drive the massive carts with the big car on the front.  And if you have never driven one, I can assure you, this is without a doubt categorized as a sport...probably more for the mom than the kid. :)


Photobucket
Okay, so this one is a stretch...Extreme Dog Walking.  Recently Elijah has actually walked with me on a few of our walks.  He is insistent that he wants to walk Boomerang himself.  While Boomerang is pretty good about not pulling if Eli is holding the leash, he still has his dog moments when he smells another dog and pulls hard and Eli goes flying.  So, based on that, I will classify this as a new sport.


Photobucket
His favorite new sports obsession is tennis.


Photobucket
We have a sticker book with all manner of sports stickers, so we had been talking about tennis rackets and balls lately.  One day when we were at the park Eli noticed people playing tennis on some courts nearby.  When we got home later that day, he found a strainer with a handle and said "Eli play tennis!"  He got a yellow tennis ball and began to "play tennis" with his makeshift racket.  :)  At this point, I went and got some real tennis rackets from the garage and thus it began... 


Photobucket
"Now how exactly do you use this racket?"


Photobucket
"Just like a golf club, right?"



Photobucket
"How about I just pick it up and run it over to you."


Photobucket
Mommy holding "Elli's tennis racket" aka strainer :)


Photobucket
"This is what I needed to get my tennis match on, real grass just like at Wimbledon."


Photobucket
"This grass may be a little too thick though."


Photobucket
"Alright, my serve...are you ready for this?"


Photobucket
"Ace!"


Photobucket
"I knew I'd be a natural tennis player."


Photobucket
"Gosh this thing is kind of heavy."


Photobucket
"Ouch, I think I just pulled something."


Photobucket
"I think I may have Jersey Finger!"


Photobucket
"Just kidding...jersey finger, who has ever heard of such a ridiculous ailment!"


Photobucket
"And I'm back in the game!"


Photobucket
"Good work everyone.  I think we can call that a match.  Time to head inside for a snack!"

1 comment:

  1. Y'all have sooo much fun!! Thanks for sharing with us! xo

    ReplyDelete