Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello Fall

Here is what we have been up to lately, in pictures... :)

Photobucket

We made these acorns for fall.  Hershey kisses with mini vanilla wafers and tiny broken pretzel sticks, all held together with peanut butter.  Fun seasonal craft that is delicioius! :) 


Photobucket
We went shopping to find Eli his second Halloween costume.  Last year he was a cow.  Here, we are trying on costumes at Kid to Kid.  This dino costume was pretty cute, but a little big as you can see it falling off his shoulder.


Photobucket
I didn't get a picture of the first costume that I actually bought.  I bought what I thought to be the costume for Woody from Toy Story.  I was excited because I thought it was precious and had a cute little cowboy hat to go with it.  When Ethan got home, however, he informed me that I did not buy Woody's costume, but the costume for Jessie the cowgirl from Toy Story 2!  Oops!  Go figure, Ethan did not want me dressing his son up in a girl's costume.  :)  We took it back and exchanged it for the costume you see here (minus the pants).  I found this cute fireman's costume to be very manly indeed. :)


Photobucket
Ethan and I had the chance to go out for an excellent dinner at Papa's Brothers Steakhouse for my birthday.  It just so happened to be Parent's night out at our church, so we got super cheap babysitting...the perfect birthday gift!


Photobucket
A little blurry, but you get the gist.  The whole meal was fantastic and we had a great time.  This was our dessert to commemorate my 30th birthday...a blonde brownie with white chocolate and macadamian nuts, topped with ice cream and all the other deliciousness you see there.  It was even better than it looks! :)


Photobucket
"I want to try some Mommy!!"  Sorry kiddo, there were no leftovers. :)

Photobucket
With the gorgeous weather lately (and our standards have been lowered dramatically...nice weather is now qualified by less than 110) we have been playing outside a lot.  Elijah LOVES being outside, which I also enjoy.  Who needs pants for a game of catch? :)


Photobucket
"Play Ball!"


Photobucket
"Get ready Mom, it's coming your way..."


Photobucket
Love these memories of playing outside with my sweet little boy!

Photobucket
With school in full swing, we put on our learning caps and stuck some letter magnets on the fridge.  We actually met some people this past weekend who live across the street from us and have a 2 year old little boy.  We met them because Eli was at their front door looking through their window...ever the curious one. :)  It worked out great thought because Eli and Carlos got along great.  Both of his parents are teachers, so she sent me home with a huge bag of these letter magnets.  We are looking forward to playing with them again soon.


Photobucket
First, Elijah decided to move all of the magnets to one side...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Then he decided that instead of leaving them on the fridge, he should pull all of them off and onto the floor


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
That is one way to clean the fridge, at least.  Now for that floor...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Such fun learning your ABCs!


Photobucket
Done with the letters, suddenly very interested in the camera.



Photobucket
Today I shared my first apple with Eli.  In other words, Elijah slobbered all over and then confiscated my apple. :)

Photobucket
Taking a break to watch a plane go by

Photobucket


Photobucket
"This is delicious!"


Photobucket
"Thanks for letting me have your apple, Mommy!"


Photobucket
"Since Mommy was so nice to share with me, maybe I should share with someone too."


Photobucket
Going about his chores still gnawing on the apple core.

That's it for now.  Hope all of you are doing well!  We are abundantly blessed and so thankful for this sweet season in our lives.  Children are truly a gift from the Lord and we couldn't be more happy or more thankful for the joy of being parents.  Thanks for sharing our sweet little man with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment