Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Watercolors!

My little emerging artist had his first brush with the canvas on Sunday. In a previous trip to Walmart, I was lured into the craft world by all of the fun back to school supplies. I bought some crayons, watercolors, and drawing paper and began thinking of all sorts of fun "crafty" ideas for the future. We have colored with crayons a few times recently and let me say that those 24 crayons were definitely worth each of the 19 cents I paid for them! Eli and I both have fun coloring, although he does more banging on the paper with the crayon than drawing. I never really realized that coloring took a certain amount of finesse, but I'm sure that will come eventually...and in the mean time we will have fun anyway. :) Below you will see some pictures of our first painting experience with watercolors. It was a fun art project and not too messy when I confined him to his high chair. Behold, my little artist...

Photobucket
My very somber, serious artist hard at work.


Photobucket
"Let's see, what shall I paint today?"


Photobucket
"Let me just examine my palate for a moment and think..."


Photobucket
"Ah, I know just the thing!


Photobucket
"Let me just get a little of this purple..."


Photobucket
"And, hmmm..."


Photobucket
"Ah yes, a little black..."


Photobucket
"Now I'll swirl it around in the cup of water..."


Photobucket
"Yes, it looks like that is sufficient swirling..."


Photobucket
"And presto!"


Photobucket
"My materpiece is complete!  No more photographs please...I do not want them damaging my painting."


Photobucket
Like every great artist, Eli had a rinse down in the sink afterward. :)


Photobucket
Good thing this one is washable. :)  I'm pretty sure Elijah has just as much fun being washed down in the sink as he does making the mess in the first place!


Photobucket
Of all the dishes that I wash in that sink, this one is certainly my favorite. :)  Thanks for the painting fun, little man, you are a natural!







2 comments:

  1. Haha...what a cutie!!! Love his serious artist-at-work face! Looks like he had fun! This is horrible, but Ian and I have yet to do much with watercolors. I have some in the closet, but was afraid he would eat them...ha! We'll have to give it a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these Jen! So enjoy what he is "thinking"!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete